With my 26th birthday approaching in less than a month, I’ve been reflecting on not only my 25th year of life but just life in general thus far. I started to think about all the things I’ve learned on my journey through adulthood. There are so many small and random things I’ve learned along the way to get here. I thought it would be cool to compile a list of 25 completely random things I’ve learned up until this point (in no order at all). Maybe you’ll take something from this, maybe not.. but regardless remember not to take life too seriously, laugh and embrace the years to come! Here are 25 things I’ve learned by the age of 25!
1. Stepping out on faith & taking risks is essential for growth.
2. It’s better to spend money on traveling (experiences) than on materials.
3. Cats make better pets than Dogs if you’re not ready for a “Parent” like lifestyle.
4. Day parties are better than night parties because you can get your partying in and still be in bed by a decent time.
5. Ramen Noodles make an excellent struggle meal because you can add all sorts of things to make it better! (eggs, veggies, meat)
6. It’s just as important to know your friends love languages as it is to learn your spouses.
7. You don’t have to put out content ALL the time because you’re an artist or creative. Creatives take breaks too.
8. Dairy is trash for your body and you should try to consume as little of it as possible.
9. Church doesn’t suck, you just have to find the right one.
10. Credit matters. Now more than ever. Don’t get a credit card unless you’re ready for the payments.
11. You do not NEED a College Degree to do well in life.
12. You do not have to be married or have kids at a certain age.
13. Green juices are more effective at boosting your energy than Coffee.
14. Sunscreen is VITAL. Whether you’re black or white you NEED to wear it.
15. If a job makes you unhappy, LEAVE and go where you’re respected and cared about rather than being seen as a replaceable number.
16. Hard Liquor sucks, drink Wine or Champagne.
17. You don’t need to spend money to show love.
18. Take lots and lots of pictures to document your memories!
19. Never settle, in regards to anything!
20. A relationship with God is VITAL. Prayer works, pray pray and pray some more.
21. No matter how long you’ve been friends with someone it very well may have an expiration date (and that’s okay).
22. Coupons are the shit and make my frugal heart happy / are ESSENTIAL when shopping.
23. Comparing yourself to people on social media doesn’t make sense because people use face tune/ filters and only show you the very best parts of their life.
24. You can do EVERYTHING you want. You can take multiple paths and dabble in multiple things! A true Renaissance Man/Woman.
25. Keep God at the center of all you do and it’ll never fail.
I hope you all enjoyed the 25 things I’ve learned by 25. Feel free to comment and share anything you’ve learned so far on your journey through adulthood! As always, thanks for supporting! <3